A to Z - Sandra Boynton
A Northern Alphabet - Ted Harrison
Across the Big Country (a Disney Book)
Alphabears: An ABC Book - Kathleen Hague
Alphabetics - S. MacDonald
Alligators All Around - M. Sendak
Animals A to Z - D. McPhail
Barney's Alphabet Soup - Mary Ann Dudko, Ph.D.
C is for Clown - Stan and Jan Berenstain
Chicka Chicka ABC - Bill Martin Junior and John Archambault
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
Clifford's ABC's - Norman Bridwell
Curious George's ABCs - H.A. Rey
Dr. Seuss' ABC
Grover's Own Alphabet - Letters by Sal Murdocca
Hooper Humperdink, Not Him - Theo LeSieg
It's The ABC Book - Joyce Harada
Muppet Babies Nursery Rhymes ABC - Michaela Muntean
Old Black Fly - Jim Aylesworth
Potluck - Ann Shelby
The Alphabet - Monique Felix
The Berenstain Bears - Stan and Jan Berenstain
Songs & Fingerplays
The Alphabet Song
A - B - C - D - E - F - G
H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P
Q - R - S - T - U and V,
W - X - Y and Z
Now I know my A - B - C's
Next time won't you sing with me?
Arts & Crafts
Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom Coconut Tree
construction paper (green, brown, white)
tempera paint (green, brown)
various colored paper
1. Cut out palm tree shaped leaves out of either white or green construction paper. Use green paint with a little sprinkle of black tempera paint in it to make the green look more leaf like(add light Karo syrup to the paint for a shiny leaf look).
2. Cut out coconut shapes out of brown or white paper. Use brown paint with a little sprinkle of black to make a darker shade, or leave as is whatever you prefer.
3. Cut out pieces to assemble a tree trunk using brown or white paper. Then use brown paint and add some white to it to make a tan shade for the trunk. The color should be noticeably different from the coconuts.
4. Cut alphabet letters out of different colored paper and after you assemble your tree piece by piece have the children tape the letters up near the bottom of the tree.
5. Use the scissors to fringe the leaf shapes so they better resemble a palm tree leaf.
Do this activity on a day that you read the book Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom. It's great for when you are studying the alphabet.
~Submitted by Cathie ~ FL
Building Blocks Family Child Care & Preschool
From The Idea Box
Get a half gallon juice carton and cover it with
construction paper. Cut an alphabet letter and alphabet letter like A and A pictures like airplane, alligator, etc. It is for ages 18 months to 4 yrs old. Let the kids color the pictures. You can also put holes in the carton on top and hang from ceiling. Make one every week for a different letter of the alphabet.
~Submitted by Evelisa from Texas
Cut out the first letter of each child's name from a large piece of paper. They can paste a variety of things on their letters, thus creating personalized collages.
* Best for ages 4 and up.
In the Kitchen
Alphabet Bread Sticks
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 oz fresh parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
1 pkg. (6.5 oz) pizza crust mix
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 cup hot water
all purpose flour
1 garlic clove
1 can (8oz) pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Place butter in 1 qt. bowl and set aside to soften at room temperature.
2. Using a grater, grate parmesan cheese into a 2 qt bowl. Stir in pizza crust mix and oregano.
3. Add hot water and stir until moistened. Continue to stir vigorously about 25 strokes. Cover with lid and let stand 5 minutes in a warm place.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of flour over a flat surface. Turn dough out onto surface and knead dough 10-12 times. Divide dough into 8 equal parts. Using hands, roll each piece into a 10 inch rope.
5. Shape ropes into letters on a cookie sheet.
6. Using a garlic press, press garlic over softened butter and mix. Spread butter mixture over letters.
7. Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Pour pizza sauce into a microwave safe bowl. Heat on High for 1-1 1/2 minutes or until warm. Serve warm bread sticks with pizza sauce for dipping.
Makes 8 servings
Cut out letters on poster board and laminate and punch
holes , have a string or shoe lace for stringing letters, project is lacing letters.
~Submitted by Evelisa from TX
Alphabet - A to Z Kids Stuff
Alphabuddies Alphabet Ideas - DLTK's Crafts For Kids
Preschool Alphabet Theme - Everything Preschool
Alphabet Gallery - ChildFun.com
Playful Toddler Alphabet Activities - Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
AlphaBites - Alphabet Soup
Where would you like to go now?
Graphics on this page by....
graphic site closed
© Copyright 2004 - 2017 • Jana's Web Design • All Rights Reserved