Songs & Fingerplays
Arts & Crafts
Quick Starts for any Color Day
1) Make Vanilla pudding and add food coloring of the color you want.
2) Make Jell-O in the color you want and even add some fruit of that color.
3) Kool Aid Art - Sprinkle Kool Aid powder of the desired color on a large piece of white paper. Use Spray bottles to spray the KoolAid with water. It make some very interesting artwork that smells good, too!!!!!
4) Fingerpaint with the color you are "studying."
5) Fill the water table and add food coloring of the desired color and toys of the desired color.
6) Make some colored water using foodcoloring and freeze it in ice trays the day or night before. Then, Put them on trays or in the water table and watch them melt to make colored water. If you use different colored ice cubes, the colors will mix to make new colors.
These are some things I do in my preschool special needs classroom!!!!
~Submitted by Lisa in North Carolina
* Dress in clothes that are the color of the day
* Add the desired color of food coloring to playdoh and set it out on the art table
* Take a walk to look for a particular color of car
* Dip cooked spaghetti in the desired color of paint and let it "dance" across white paper
* Make a chart listing foods that are the color of the day
* String the desired color of buttons on matching colored telephone wire to make necklaces
* Use paper plates and napkins that are the color of the day for snack time
* Try guessing how many of the same colored buttons, beads, etc., there are in a glass jar, then count to see who came the closest
* Add food coloring to white glue to coordinate with the color of the day
* Mix cream cheese with the desired color of fruit or vegetable bits (tomatoes, pineapple, blueberries, etc.) and spread on crackers for snack
* Plan a scavenger hunt to search for objects that are the desired color
* Freeze water tinted with the desired color of food coloring in milk cartons to make ice sculptures for the water table
* Use the desired color of paper cups for stacking in pyramids or for counting
* Make finger Jell-o to coordinate with the color of the day
* Tint rice with the desired color of food coloring to use for sandbox play
Where would you like to go now?
Banner by Country Lane Graphics© Copyright 2004 - 2012